If you haven’t ever cooked with konjac (pron: kon-jak) pasta, I highly recommend you do so. My favourite brand is NuPasta, a shelf-stable naturally gluten-free, low-carb and high-fibre pasta alternative comprised of the konjac root vegetable. It comes in fettucine, angel hair, and spaghetti. As you’ll see in the video below, you simply have to rinse the limewater mineral solution (safe to consume) from the pasta and mix it with whatever sauce you choose. It’s perfect because it cuts down on meal prep time, meaning I can make a delicious dinner in under 30 minutes.
This Spicy Sausage & Spinach recipe is so simple and will have you wanting seconds (or thirds). Hope you enjoy!
- 1lb turkey sausage
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 cup cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tbsp sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups of baby spinach
- pinch of Himalayan pink salt
- fresh lemon juice
- fresh basil, optional
- nutritional yeast, optional
- Cook sausage fully in a medium pan. Add some chili flakes for heat. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook cremini mushrooms, add a pinch of salt. Add in sundried tomatoes until softened.
- Add the cooked sausage back to the pan and wilt the spinach.
- Drain the NuPasta and add to pan. Finish with lemon juice, fresh basil and nutritional yeast.
- Serve warm!