We all know that the Lee from America fat bombs are taking Instagram by storm. I’ve been increasingly interested in the state of ketosis, achieved through the ketogenic diet. For those unsure of what this is, essentially you train the body to burn fats instead of carbohydrates through a high fat, adequate protein, and low-carb diet. While I am not interested in following this diet religiously, I understand the importance of eating those healthy fats – hello, mental clarity and emotional stability – to function properly. I have realized as of lately that my body thrives on a high protein diet, coming from sustainable animal proteins. I was slowly trying to more vegetarian and vegan meals as a result of a dairy + egg intolerance, but that wasn’t making me feel good either. I think I have found that good balance.
Anyway, I am learning and adjusting as I go along! That long segue leads me into today’s recipe the cacao coconut fat bomb! Rich in healthy fats, galore! The recipe is so easy, just toss all your ingredients into a food processor and away you go! I sort of improvised this one, so feel free to make it your own with your favourite nuts and seeds.
- 1/2 cup dried coconut strips
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup raw cacao butter
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup almons
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, melted
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients, except the chocolate. Blend until smooth and cookie dough consistency (may be slightly chunky but that is OK).
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, roll the fat bombs into equal-sized balls. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
- Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over fat bombs. Freeze another 15 minutes.
- Keep frozen, until you want to indulge!